Our community will combine smallholding, educational and sustainable business elements in a rural settlement, in which we can contribute to the revitalisation of the countryside, based on permaculture principles.
We wish to be part of a caring society in which people cooperate with each other and with nature to create a sustainable world, recognising that all are interconnected.
Do you want to:
- Share in running a permaculture smallholding which aims to produce most of its food and energy?
- Improve and develop buildings making them as efficient as possible using local and sustainable materials?
- Manage land and woodland sustainably for fuel, timber, wildlife and amenity?
- Live in a sustainable community sharing knowledge and resources with the wider world?
Do you have:
- Practical skills such as: smallholding, woodcraft/forestry, building, alternative therapies?
- Capital? We have a substantial amount of capital but need more to be able to purchase a property.
- Our eco-community will be one of vitality, beauty and abundance.
- Our land will be cared for to enhance biodiversity and produce increased and sustainable yields.
- Residents of Prospect will have a strong sense of belonging and mutual support, with their own private space whilst working together and sharing resources.
- Our dwellings will be organised along co-housing lines
- Our aim is to reduce our ecological impact so that we are only using our fair share of the world’s resources
More details can be found on the following pages:
For the change you wish to see in the world, you must be the first to change. Ghandi
The picture below created by Radmilla, shows some of the ideas we have for realising this project